Entry Arch is Complete

I’ve got a backlog of pics to post. I finished the entry arch last weekend. This took me quite a while to get all the bricks cut. Not easy cuts. I tapered each brick to maintain a constant mortar joint. Like the previous courses, I cut each and every brick to a drawing, as opposed to putting the brick in place and marking with my IT, then cutting. They all ended up lining up with each other pretty good and it appears that it maintained the dome curvature. I’ll be able to see better as I complete additional courses.

WP_20150214_012

WP_20150214_014

WP_20150214_020

WP_20150214_021

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *